Book a Cheap Car Hire in Melbourne - It's Fast and Easy!
Why book a car hire in Melbourne with VroomVroomVroom?
- Flexibility - You can book long term, last minute car rental deals in Melbourne and explore the city at your leisure.
- Freedom - Moving around the city is a breeze in a private hire car. With some great shopping on offer in Melbourne, fill your days with a bit of retail therapy and use your hire car to store all of your new-found bargains.
- High quality vehicles - We only compare car hire deals from major brands such as Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Thrifty.
- More vehicle options - VroomVroomVroom offers you more choice when you book a vehicle with us. Click Here to compare and book a campervan, or check out our van hire and minibus rental. If you are moving home and need a vehicle to transport your belongings, see our truck and ute rental page.
- Zero Cancellation Fee - If you need to cancel your hire car booking in Melbourne, we will not charge you. Book your car rental with the knowledge that no money will come out of your pocket if your plans change.
- Zero Booking Fee - Unlike other car rental comparison sites, you don't have to pay a fee to book with us. In fact, our rates are often cheaper than other direct rental car companies.
- Savings - Booking early through VroomVroomVroom offers you a lot of savings. We compare the best car rental deals from all the top suppliers. We guarantee the cheapest rental car rates so check out our Price Promise.
- Locations - Rental cars are available from a number of car hire locations in central Melbourne. We also compare Melbourne Airport car hire.
- Customer Care - Our customer service team can assist you in finding your most convenient pickup location. Simply contact us if you need help with your booking.
When is the best time to visit Melbourne?
Driving tips in MelbourneBefore you start your journey in Melbourne, it is advisable to check the traffic to plan your route. Here's a useful Melbourne map from Snarl which features live traffic updates and CCTV footage of the roads.
Melbourne is the perfect place to create wonderful memories because of its diverse attractions. Whether you are young or old, art lover or sports enthusiast, the beautiful Aussie city has something exciting to offer you! We at VroomVroomVroom have come up with a last minute list of things you can do during your stay in the city. So what are you waiting for? Book and compare a Melbourne car rental for easy access to many marvelous attractions!
Meet over 300 different species from around the world at Melbourne zoo, which is located near the city centre. See majestic Asian Elephants, sleek Sumatran Tigers and orangutans swinging through the trees. Visit the Gorilla Rainforest, or see koalas and kangaroos in our Australian bush setting and discover their exciting new interactive exhibits designed especially for kids.
Address: 11 Nicholson St, Carlton VIC 3053
Museum Victoria is the largest public museum organisation in Australia. You can find more than 17 million objects, photographs, specimens, and documents at the Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, and Scienceworks. There is a family-friendly cafe at the ground floor where you can enjoy a variety of contemporary food. There is also a shop at the main foyer where you can buy souvenirs and gifts.
St. Paul's Cathedral
Address: Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000
One of the most iconic structures in the city is St. Paul's Cathedral. This is the perfect place to worship and pray because of its beauty and serenity. If you are planning to tour the cathedral, you can easily download the Cathedral App for free via Google Play or Apple Store. This will give you access to an interactive map and audio tour to guide you during your visit. The cathedral also has a shop where you can buy memorabilia and other souvenirs.
Home of the Australian Open tennis grand slam since 1988, Rod Laver Arena hosts a wide array of world-class artists, sports events, family shows and other spectaculars throughout the year. The Arena consistently ranks in the top venues by ticket sales internationally, alongside the likes of O2 Arena in London and Madison Square Garden in New York. The Arena features a moveable roof, which gives it the versatility to transform and suit all kinds of sporting and musical events. For more information, visit their official website.
Melbourne Star Observation Wheel
The best way to see the city is up in the air! You don't need to ride a plane to do that because you can do it by riding the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel. This is the only giant observation wheel in the Southern Hemisphere and it offers uninterrupted 360-degree views across the city. The giant wheel lights up the city skyline every night with its amazing LED light display. Riding the Melbourne Star is more than just the view, it's more of an experience.
Strike Melbourne Central
Tired of shopping? Take a break and play a few games at the Strike Melbourne Central, which is situated on level three of the Melbourne Central shopping centre. It features 10 bowling lanes, great music, gourmet kitchen, and a cosy bar. Aside from bowling, there are other exciting activities that you can try such as playing pool and laser tag. You can even show off your moves at the dance floor during weekends.
KBOX KaraokeAddress: 52 La Trobe St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Do you want to be the next diva or pop star? KBOX Karaoke in Melbourne CBD lets you shine and sing your favorite tunes without worrying about other people hearing you. Unlike other local pubs where everybody can hear you sing, this place has private rooms that can accommodate groups of 4 to 22 so you can belt it out. KBOX also have party rooms that feature mirror balls and disco lights so you can dance while singing.
Southern Cross Station
Address: Collins St, Docklands VIC 3008
Known as the major railway station to stop for in Melbourne, Southern Cross is situated at the western end of the city and is the terminus of the states V/Line regional railway network with access to everything. If you want to explore this place and nearby attractions that catch your interest, say if you are attending an event at Etihad Stadium, you can just jump in your reliable and cheap car hire in Melbourne Southern Cross Station and be on your way.
Park Regis Griffin Suites
Conveniently located between the city centre and St. Kilda Beach, this hotel is the choice of both leisure, corporate or business travellers. Guests are just minutes away from some of Melbourne's best attractions, restaurants and cafes. Park Regis Griffin Suites offers spacious studios, one and two bedroom apartments that are equipped with modern amenities. You can also start and end your day with a satisfying meal and drink at the Purple Café and Bar. Or you can enjoy a relaxing massage in nearby Day Spas including St Kilda Sea Baths and Aurora Spa Retreat.
Address: 389 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Get a taste of authentic Brazilian cuisine right in the heart of the city. All of their meat are grilled over open fire and served rodizio style. Enjoy a selection of 12 Australian best roasted meats and poultry, sausage and sauces served from their specially designed Brazilian Churrasco. The cozy restaurant is located Upstairs at 61 A' Beckett Street.
If you are a lover of spice, heat and everything that is great about Malaysian food, be sure to put this at the top of your list of places to visit.
Where to Shop
What to expect in Melbourne? Hire a car to enjoy the city!
Four seasons in one day, the culture capital of Australia and the culinary capital are all apt descriptions for Melbourne. The capital of VIC may not be all glitz and glamour like its rival capital - Sydney, but this place has a sophistication and elegance that welcomes everyone who visits. Interested in what else Melbourne has to offer? Check out these sweet tours offered by Tourstogo.com. Book the best car hire deal today and enjoy what Melbourne city has to offer!