A Best Car Hire in Essendon Can Take You Anywhere, Anytime
Find your car rental in Essendon with VroomVroomVroom. We compare all the best deals around the country from top suppliers such as Budget, Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, Europcar and Thrifty.
Essendon is one of Melbourne's larger suburbs, with a population of approximately 25,000 people, located near the central business district. Reserve a cheap car hire in the city which is proud to be the birthplace of late Steve Irwin, a famous Australian and nature enthusiast who founded Australia Zoo in Queensland.
Why book a car hire in Essendon with VroomVroomVroom?
- Close to the city: Even though it is close to Melbourne CBD, about 10 kilometers northwest, Essendon is a great place to stay without the massive city crowds. You can also rent a cheap car hire from Essendon to save fighting the city traffic.
- Trusted suppliers: For a convenient and hassle-free holiday in Essendon, reserve a cheap car hire from VroomvroomVroom. We offer the best vehicles supplied by the most outstanding car hire companies like Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty and Europcar.
- User-friendly site: Use our top class booking system and select the perfect vehicle that will compliment your travel needs from the comparison list generated after you fill in the search box with your travel details.
- No booking fees: Advance booking will save you money and with our Zero Cancellation Fee policy, you may reserve your transport as early as possible and may cancel anytime without paying anything. We will only require a valid credit card when you collect your cheap car hire from our depot.
- Great prices: Make sure to check out and read our Price Promise page if you want to obtain the best car rates.
- Customer care? If you'll need help in booking a cheap car rental in Essendon, simply contact us via email, chat or on the phone.
Main Attractions within Essendon
Although a suburb, Essendon keeps its uniqueness alive near Melbourne by taking care of its historical values and natural surroundings. With your cheap car hire ready, nothing can stop you from exploring the area.
Essendon Historical Society is a local group of volunteers that are passionate about maintaining the historical values of the district in their museum. The Society focuses on emphasizing Essendon cultural and historical heritage. Their gatherings are opened to the willing public. Their dedication to preserving local values is very respected in the Essendon area, because of their reluctance to let Melbourne's vicinity capture all the cultural and historical flux of tourists.
The Courthouse Museum, dating from 1890, was originally the courthouse of Essendon. In 1980 it was transformed into a museum and it is worth visiting for its numerous collections of local heritage, remains, books and culture and for its splendid architecture. Exhibitions portrait the history of Essendon in such domains as the district's development through traces of the white gum tree businesses, the railway company, surrounding regions and their local values, World War I memorabilia, churches and religious values, books and photographies about Essendon and its history.
Puffing Billy Steam Train, Yarra Valley and Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary Tour can be taken near Essendon and allows you to cover a portion of the district and its main attractions. With this tour you can take while visiting the Essendon area, you will experience activities such as: train riding and visitation tours of the railway and train stations, with focus on Puffing Billy Steam Train; then move on to Yarra Valley and its rich vineyards, specialized in local types of wines, only to be experienced around Melbourne and Essendon; finally, Healesville Sanctuary caters the needs of people passionate about wildlife, with its variety of native Australian species, about 200 different kinds of animals.