Drive a Reliable Car Hire in Cairns and Have Fun
Cairns is a major city of the tropical north and a serious tourist destination. Booking a car rental in Cairns is the best way to immerse yourself in the tropical north of Queensland. If you book in with us early, you'll have more choices of vehicle type, depending on how you want to explore this rugged and beautiful city.
It is the hub of tropical north Queensland, a vast region. To be exact, the region equals 400,000 square kilometres, equal to the combined size of California and Oregon. A hire car is the only way to give you freedom to explore all that this unique area has to offer.
Reasons why you should book a Cairns car hire through us
1. We give you the option of booking to collect your car rental straight from the airport thus giving you peace of mind and getting your adventure off to a running start. This option is a quick and easy lifesaver for those flying in to the airport.
2. You have the flexibility to start your trip to Cairns from anywhere. You can choose to pick up your car hire in another location like Brisbane as you make your way up the Sunshine Coast. If shopping is your thing, then a rental car can come in handy so you wouldn't have to carry all your purchases when travelling.
3. Having a rental car opens up the opportunities for you to really enjoy your time there. When you are on holiday, there is nothing worse then being limited to the excitement and fun that you can experience because you do not have transport. A hire car will solve this problem instantly.
4. If you are travelling with a large group or prefer staying outdoors, then a campervan hire may be suited for you. Don't worry because VroomVroomVroom also compares campervan hire deals in Cairns. This is also a great way to explore the Tropical North.
5. If you are flying to Cairns, then you will most probably arrive at the Cairns Airport. Although there are car rental counters at the airport, most people still prefer hiring a car through us because it is more convenient. You can even compare and book a car hire in Cairns Airport while in flight. This will save you time and even money because you can choose from a wide selection of rental cars instead of being stuck to one supplier.
6. The best deals can only be found at VroomVroomVroom. Our car rental experts have negotiated with the country's leading suppliers so we can provide you with reliable and affordable rental cars. Our price promise also assures you of getting the cheapest car hire rates in Cairns! If you find a similar deal in another website with a lower price, we will give back the difference plus $20. That's how confident we are that we have the cheapest rates!
Things to consider before driving your rental car
Now that you have your hire car, it is best to check out the traffic situation in Cairns here so you will know if the traffic is heavy or if there's a road accident. It's better to be prepared for a hassle-free road trip. It is also advisable to check the weather in Cairns so you can plan your trip better and avoid getting soaked in the rain.
If you need some assistance, feel free to contact us via email, phone call, or live chat. Our customer service team are always available to answer all your queries. You may also check out our location pages for options on your next trip in Australia.
Cairnsis fortunate to have the Great Barrier Reef as its front yard and the Daintree Rainforest as its backyard. Having an international airport, the city welcomes tourists from all over the world. Tours run from the city centre daily for both the rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef. The Skyrail is a popular tourist attraction that will introduce you to the ancient rainforest. The skyrail runs across the Barron Gorge National Park. This tour takes in the best of the rainforest and can be done as either a one-way or a return trip. If you have a hire car, then you can do it all on your own time schedule.
Aboriginal tribes lived in the Cairns region for thousands of years before Eurpopean settlement. The town was officially founded in 1876 as it was an important base for miners through the gold rush. It later became a port of export for sugar cane, and agricultural and mineral products. Tourism and the environmental initiatives are also growing industries.
With access to rental cars throughout Australia, we can help you find a car to drive to Cairns as well. If you do happen to find a cheap air fare, then we can definitely help you hire a car from the airport.
Explore further afield to see Port Douglas and Thala Beach. As you can see in the photo below of Thala Beach, it's breathtaking . Stay at Thala Beach for exclusive beach access.
Heading south will take you to Townsville, which is another coastal city offering tourists many opportunities to enjoy uniquely Australian experiences.
Kuranda Scenic Railway
This amazing scenic train journey takes you through the thousand-year old and UNESCO World Heritage-listed tropical rainforests of North Queensland. Witness the beauty of its waterfalls, mountains, flora and fauna. The original Kuranda Scenic Railway offers you the old world charm of travelling in authentic timber carriages, gently meandering past breathtaking scenery and waterfalls. Each year this world famous railway is enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of visitors and locals alike. However in 1886 railways were not built as tourism attractions. Taking five years to complete, this railway officially opened in 1891 to service the bustling gold fields. It soon attracted more sightseers than prospectors. During your journey, learn more about the history of this enchanting railway from your complimentary trip guide and onboard commentary. You can choose to travel on Heritage class, Royal service or Gold class. Tickets are available for one-way and return.
Tjapukai Aboriginal cutural park
A must-see tourist attraction is Tjapukai, which is an Aboriginal cutural park. It's expensive, but well worth it. My favourite thing there was the spear and boomerang throwing lessons and firemaking with sticks.
Why not see Cairns from a different angle? Skydiving is a great option to see the region from the air. There are a few companies and sky diving packages to choose from, and it is definitely something to get the heart pumping. So park your hire car and fly away.
Fancy a spot of fishing? There are numerous fishing charter companies that want to ensure that you get the catch of the day. You can choose if you want to go fishing all day or for a few hours with charters to suit everyone.
Due to expensive flights, lately we have noticed many holiday makers from Brisbane and Sydney taking road trips up the East Coast to Cairns. There's many things to do on the way and definitely no shortage of beautiful places to stay. Three of the beaches on the way are on the worlds top 10 beaches list, this is easy to understand. This is important for many people as there aren't really many nice beaches in Cairns itself.
Whether you are looking for some retail therapy or simply just want to enjoy window shopping, Cairns is no short of places where you can go shopping. Drive your car hire to Cairns Square Shopping Centre where you can find an array of stores ranging from fashion to food. Another place where you can drive your car hire is the Cairns Square which is located on the corner of Shields and Abbott Streets.
The Great Barrier Reef
Cairns, Palm Cove and Port Douglas on the Great Barrier Reef are three of the most popular locations in Australia to get married or have a honeymoon. There are so many beautiful locations that you can drive around in your rental car and explore with your family and friends.
Skyrail gives you all the beautiful views of skydiving and floating through the tropical rainforest canopy. With the opportunity to experience and see the best angles of this world heritage rainforest you will not be disappointed by the beauty and history . Just take the short drive out in your Cairns car rental and leave it in the car parks provided for an unforgettable adventure in the sky.
Baron Falls in Kuranda is a nice car trip away if you have the time to spare. A road trip to these spectacular falls is well worth it, especially if you love breathtaking views and if you're a photographer.
Interested in finding our more things to do in Cairns? Check out these awesome tours from Tourstogo.com.
Park Regis City Quays
Address: 6 Lake Street, Cairns QLD 4870
If you want to get closer to where all the action is, then Park Regis City Quays is the place to be. The hotel is within walking distance to the Esplanade, night markets, Marlin Marina, Reef Casino, harbour foreshore as well as an array of restaurants and shops.
After checking out the nearby attractions, you can take a dip at their rooftop pool or relax in your choice of room or apartment. You can also book any of their long stays apartments in case you decide to extend your holiday or business trip.
Park Regis Piermonde Apartments
Address: 2-4 Lake Street, Cairns QLD 4870
Offering breathtaking views of The Great Barrier Reef, Park Regis Piermonde Apartments is the ideal accommodation for those who want to sail away, dive, and go water rafting on Tully and Barron Rivers.
This hotel is also perfect for business travellers because of its convenient location across the Cairns Convention Centre. Choose between two or three bedroom apartments and take advantage of their top-class facilities including an outdoor pool and BBQ area.
For more hotel selection, visit Wotif.com and find special promos in accommodation.