Start Your Aussie Adventure With a Car Hire in Cairns Airport
Cairns Airport is one of the leading regional airports and the seventh busiest airport in Australia. It serves more than 3.5 million passengers annually, handling 44 domestic and 20 international flights. The airport has direct flights to the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Darwin, Townsville, Perth and Adelaide. Cairns Airport also handles direct flights from Hong Kong, Tokyo, Osaka, Port Moresby, and Guam, as well as seasonal flights to Auckland, Shanghai, and Guangzhou.
The airport is nestled between the east of Trinity Bay and the west of Mount Whitfield. It is just seven kilometres away from central Cairns. Cairns Airport serves as a gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and North Queensland's tropical rainforests, making the airport quite popular among outdoor lovers and explorers.
There are two passenger terminals at Cairns Airport; the domestic terminal (5 jet bridges and 17 gates) and international terminal (6 jet bridges and 10 gates). Car hire Cairns Airport offices can be found at the northern end of the domestic terminal and at the arrivals hall in the international terminal.
Compare car rentals at Cairns Airport
Car hire companies at Cairns airport include Avis, Budget, Hertz, Europcar, Thrifty, and Redspot. Compare the latest rates, car models, transmission types, seating capacity, and more.
We'll help you compare top brands to find a car that suits your needs. Indicate when you want to pick up your car hire, specify your pickup and drop-off locations, and start your search now!
Benefits of booking a hire car with VroomVroomVroom
VroomVroom Vroom provides you with a simple comparison of the most popular car hire companies in Australia. Here are some of the reasons customers book with us:
- Lowest prices - VroomVroomVroom compares deals from Budget, Avis, Europcar, Hertz and Thrifty to bring you the best deal. We also guarantee the best web-based pricing from these companies. Check out our price promise for more details.
- Pick up a car direct from the airport - Chances are you will arrive in Cairns via the airport. VroomVroomVroom can get you the best deal on car rental in Cairns Airport to get you started on your Queensland adventure. All you have to do is head to the rental counter at the airport and pick up your vehicle.
- No hidden fees - We do not charge any hidden fees, and there is no additional cost to modify or cancel your booking.
- Take advantage of big discounts - When you book with VroomVroomVroom you are guaranteed the lowest rate, so make sure to book ahead of time to take advantage of a wide selection of vehicles. A rental car makes it easy to explore Cairns and the rest of Queensland. If you need help booking a car hire at Cairns Airport, feel free to contact us via phone, email or live chat. You can also reach out to us via Facebook and Twitter.
Driving tips at Cairns Airport
VroomVroomVroom also compares campervan hire deals in Cairns to help make your trip comfortable and enjoyable. We have carefully handpicked the best deals to ensure that you get your money's worth. Start comparing campervan and motorhome rentals from leading suppliers to find the one that best suits your budget.
Whether you are renting a car for business or for pleasure, VroomVroomVroom has the perfect top-quality and reliable car hire in Cairns Airport for you. For information on departures and arrivals, visit Cairns Airport.
Before driving your car rental or campervan hire, it is advisable to check the weather forecast in Cairns at WeatherZone so you can plan your itinerary better.
Hop in your hire car and experience the best of Cairns
Appropriately and ideally situated just 10 minutes from the CBD, 25 minutes from Palm Cove and the Northern Beaches and nearly one hour from Port Douglas, flying in and traveling to Cairns is easy and hassle-free as many domestic and international flights arrive every day.
Cairns is regarded as the heart of the Tropical Northas well as a magnificent base for touring this large region. With the Great Barrier Reef, which serves as the perfect destination for tourists, the breathtaking Daintree Rainforest, Cooktown and Cape York to the north, the impressive Tablelands and outback to the west, plus several notable attractions in between, Cairns is a tropical place with a variety of top attractions and cool activities to select from. But, of course, there are other great reasons why visit this place: from the beautiful beaches, marvelous hinterland, amazing cafés and bars, lively markets and easy-going and hospitable people make Cairns a must-see destination.
Here are some of our recommended things to do in Cairns
- Take pleasure in Great Barrier Reef diving and snorkeling.
- Sail to Green Island and snorkel straight off the beach.
- Relax in style and have a road trip to Port Douglas and visit the Sunday markets.
- Take delight via a glorious scenic hot air balloon flight over the Atherton Tablelands.
- Make sure also to take the scenic rail & Skyrail to Kuranda.
- Explore and get lost through the world's oldest surviving tropical rainforest in the Daintree.
- Have a pleasant time rafting on the mighty Tully River, known as the best rafting river across Australia and New Zealand.
- Go to see some Spanish style castles at Paronella Park.
- Travel through the Atherton Tablelands and enjoy fresh local produce straight from the farms.
- Adore coral gardens and secluded beaches at Fitzroy Island.
- Drive through north of Cairns and visit Cooktown, regarded as one of Australia's most historically momentous townships.