Start Your Aussie Adventure With a Car Hire in Cairns Airport
Cairns Airport is one of the leading regional airports and the seventh busiest airport in Australia. It serves more than 3.5 million passengers annually, handling 44 domestic and 20 international flights. The airport has direct flights to the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Darwin, Townsville, Perth and Adelaide. Cairns Airport also handles direct flights from Hong Kong, Tokyo, Osaka, Port Moresby, and Guam, as well as seasonal flights to Auckland, Shanghai, and Guangzhou.
The airport is nestled between the east of Trinity Bay and the west of Mount Whitfield. It is just seven kilometres away from central Cairns. Cairns Airport serves as a gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and North Queensland's tropical rainforests, making the airport quite popular among outdoor lovers and explorers.
There are two passenger terminals at Cairns Airport; the domestic terminal (5 jet bridges and 17 gates) and international terminal (6 jet bridges and 10 gates). Car hire Cairns Airport offices can be found at the northern end of the domestic terminal and at the arrivals hall in the international terminal.
Compare car rentals at Cairns Airport
Car hire companies at Cairns airport include Avis, Budget, Hertz, Europcar, Thrifty, and Enterprise. Compare the latest rates, car models, transmission types, seating capacity, and more.
We'll help you compare top brands to find a car that suits your needs. Indicate when you want to pick up your car hire, specify your pickup and drop-off locations, and start your search now!
Benefits of booking a hire car with VroomVroomVroom
VroomVroom Vroom provides you with a simple comparison of the most popular car hire companies in Australia. Here are some of the reasons customers book with us:
- Lowest prices - VroomVroomVroom compares deals from Budget, Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Thrifty and Enterprise to bring you the best deal. We also guarantee the best web-based pricing from these companies. Check out our price promise for more details.
- Pick up a car direct from the airport - Chances are you will arrive in Cairns via the airport. VroomVroomVroom can get you the best deal on car rental in Cairns Airport to get you started on your Queensland adventure. All you have to do is head to the rental counter at the airport and pick up your vehicle.
- No hidden fees - We do not charge any hidden fees, and there is no additional cost to modify or cancel your booking.
- Take advantage of big discounts - When you book with VroomVroomVroom you are guaranteed the lowest rate, so make sure to book ahead of time to take advantage of a wide selection of vehicles. A rental car makes it easy to explore Cairns and the rest of Queensland. If you need help booking a car hire at Cairns Airport, feel free to contact us via phone, email or live chat. You can also reach out to us via Facebook and Twitter.
Driving tips at Cairns Airport
VroomVroomVroom also compares campervan hire deals in Cairns to help make your trip comfortable and enjoyable. We have carefully handpicked the best deals to ensure that you get your money's worth. Start comparing campervan and motorhome rentals from leading suppliers to find the one that best suits your budget.
Whether you are renting a car for business or for pleasure, VroomVroomVroom has the perfect top-quality and reliable car hire in Cairns Airport for you. For information on departures and arrivals, visit Cairns Airport. Is it your first time travelling in Australia? If you want to learn the rules of the road, you can check out this informative article.
Before driving your car rental or campervan hire, it is advisable to check the weather forecast in Cairns at WeatherZone so you can plan your itinerary better.
Hop in your hire car and experience the best of Cairns
Appropriately and ideally situated just 10 minutes from the CBD, 25 minutes from Palm Cove and the Northern Beaches, and nearly one hour from Port Douglas, flying in and travelling to Cairns is easy and hassle-free as many domestic and international flights arrive every day.
Cairns is known as the heart of the Tropical North as well as a magnificent base for touring this large region. The Great Barrier Reef serves as the perfect destination for tourists. Other places that you should visit include the breathtaking Daintree Rainforest, Cooktown and Cape York to the north, the impressive Tablelands and outback to the west.
Aside from a variety of top attractions and cool activities to select from, there are other great reasons why you should visit Cairns - from the beautiful beaches and marvelous hinterland to the amazing cafés and bars, lively markets.
Here are some of our recommended things to do in Cairns
- Take pleasure in diving and snorkelling at the Great Barrier Reef.
- Sail to Green Island and snorkel straight off the beach.
- Have a road trip to Port Douglas and visit the Sunday markets.
- Enjoy a glorious scenic hot air balloon flight over the Atherton Tablelands.
- Take a scenic rail & skyrail ride to Kuranda.
- Explore the world's oldest surviving tropical rainforest in the Daintree.
- Go rafting on the mighty Tully River, known as the best rafting river across Australia and New Zealand.
- See some Spanish-style castles at Paronella Park.
- Indulge in fresh local produce straight from the farms at the Atherton Tablelands.
- Adore coral gardens and secluded beaches at Fitzroy Island.
- Drive through north of Cairns and visit Cooktown, regarded as one of Australia's most historically momentous townships.