Payment instruction and things to consider when paying for your car hire
Now that you've booked a car hire, so the next step is settling the payment. We at VroomVroomVroom want you to have a hassle-free booking experience with us and that doesn't end after reserving a rental car. That's why we wanted to share the following information so you won't have any problem upon payment of your car rental.
Since we are a car rental comparison website, the payment is done upon pick up of the car hire. However, there are still some questions that are often asked by our customers like payment method and credit card details. So read below for a comprehensive payment instruction and other useful details.
1. Booking a car rental with us is totally FREE!
2. Cancelling is also free - as soon as you know the car is no longer needed, it's free to cancel the booking! Cancelling the booking means suppliers can offer the best rates and the vehicle to be available for other customers
3. Online bookings require credit card payment at the time of pickup. There may be instances that some suppliers offer cash rentals, and unfortunately you will need to contact them directly. Their requirements along with deposits are employment confirmation, references and a substantial cash deposit, and only Monday to Friday rental in some cases and 30 day notice. However, some major locations allow you can use Debit Card with the Visa or Mastercard emblem.
5. Deposits vary for location, age, vehicle, and type of credit card. Our Customer Service team can get the answers for you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get the info in 1 business day maximum - usually under 2 hrs during business hours. You can also find the credit card and payment details in the supplier terms and conditions.
6. You are not required to purchase excess reduction with the car rental company. Choosing to reduce your risk by purchasing Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance or Collision Damage Waiver from an insurance company or car rental supplier is entirely your choice.
7. Excess reduction is not a legal requirement. However, in the event of an accident (major or minor), suppliers will immediately charge your credit card a maximum damage excess fee of between $3,000 and $8,250 depending on the car type and the supplier. For more information, check out our insurance guide.
8. Optional extras such as excess reduction, baby seats, GPS can be added after the reservation is confirmed. The details of charges are in the terms and conditions of the supplier so make sure to check "not included in this quote" in the booking page to see the amount. Let our customer service team do the running around for you. Contact us via email, live chat, phone call or even through Facebook and Twitter.