Returning a Campervan in Australia
Are you returning your campervan hire? Here's what you need to know when you are due to return your motorhome rental in Australia. VroomVroomVroom has put together this quick checklist to ensure that your campervan experience is a positive one.
What extra charges will I have to pay when I return my campervan?
When you return the vehicle, it's recommended to check that you have emptied your toilet waste and that your fuel tank is full. A cleaning fee will be applied if the vehicle is brought back in an untidy condition.
What do I need to do prior to returning the vehicle?
The campervan needs to be returned in the same condition when you picked it up with empty waste and a full tank of fuel, unless pre-arranged. Make sure to go through the checklist below so you know what to do.
We want to ensure you are prepared when you return your campervan. Here are some important things you need to do to avoid paying for some extra charges.
- Clean your campervan: Remove all rubbish from the vehicle, dispose them properly and ensure that the campervan is clean.
- Empty your loo: Ensure your waste water tank and toilet cassette are completely emptied at an authorised dump point prior to returning your campervan.
- Fill up the fuel tank: Ensure that you return your campervan with the same level of fuel that it had when you picked it up. If you are unable to do so, you will incur an additional fee.
- Return any extras: Leave any rented items on the front passenger seat of your campervan seat.
- Return the vehicle on time: Make sure to return your campervan on time to avoid receiving a late fee. Your rental agreement will outline the specific return time.
Do I have to pay a bond when renting a campervan in Australia?
Yes. When you collect your campervan, the rental company will require you to debit the full amount of the bond from your credit card. This will ensure that the vehicle is returned on the agreed upon day and time. Given that there are no extra charges, the bond will be credited back to the same card at the end of the rental period.
When you return your campervan. . .The vehicle must be returned in the same condition it was in when you picked it up. This means that it needs to be clean, the fuel tank needs to be full and the waste needs to be emptied. Note that most campervan companies offer an Express Return Pack which you can add to your booking at an extra cost to help save time. By purchasing the Express Return Pack,you can return your campervan with the fuel tank and gas bottle empty, utilise the toilet emptying service (at selected locations) and use express key return.