Glorious Gold Coast in a Car Hire
More Gold Coast Information
Things to Do
Want to book a hire car for Gold Coast?The gorgeous & glamorous Gold Coast is a summer hotspot and a destination favourite for travelers. With so many visitors to the Gold Coast, there are many public transportation options, but below are just a few of the many reasons you should think about booking a rental car instead!
Surfers Paradise seen from Burleigh Heads, Photo by Rex Boggs
Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz or Thrifty - We compare them all!1. Convenience - Following bus timetables, looking for connecting trains, trying to carry a board on the bus... None of that sounds fun or convenient! But with a rental car, you have the freedom to go where you want, and when you want, with what you want. Hiring a car means you don't have to wait around or rely on bus timetables, and with ample amounts of parking at all of the major hot spots, you can stay and play for as long as you want. Booking a hire car with us literally puts the 'key' to having the best holiday of your life in your hands!
2. Time - If you're lucky enough to be holidaying on the Gold Coast, then you want to make the most of your time. You can sleep in and still make the most of all the available activities. You don't waste any time in your day waiting, or miss opportunities to do or see something.
3. Comfort - A car provides complete comfort for your holiday so you don't have to share buses or shuttles with other holiday makers.
The Main Beach of Gold Coast City in 1933, Photo from Queensland State Archives
4. Room - Gold Coast has many malls to do some great shopping and you may even spend a whole day at the markets or shopping malls. With a rental car, you don't have to worry about how you will get all your purchases home.
5. Fun - It's fun to drive around a tourist area like the Gold Coast. You get to stop and enjoy wonderful sights as you go.
6. Relax - You can relax knowing that your hire car has all your transportation needs covered. Don't let stressful schedules dampen your holiday fun. Book a rental car and relax.
Would you rather hire a campervan for the holiday?
Check this out. We also compare campervan rates for the Gold Coast and other locations throughout Australia. If a rental car is not what you need then maybe we can help you book a Gold Coast Campervan.
When you need to hire a trailer in Gold Coast, check Freegler!
Cool Gold Coast info to help you plan your stay and utilise your hire car in the best way!
With the Gold Coast being the tourism hub of Australia, there is so much to do and experience. This makes it ideal to hire a car rental to make sure you squeeze every single bit of fun the Gold Coast has to offer you into your Gold Coast experience.
With so many places to stay on the Gold Coast, make sure to check out our friends at the Mercure Gold Coast Resort. They have great deals and will definitely look after you.
The Gold Coast really has something to offer every traveller. Theme Parks, brilliant restaurants & hotels, night life, the beaches and the lush hinterland. All of this waiting for you to explore.
Going surfing at some of the world famous surf beaches on the Gold Coast? Be prepared and check out Boardcave.com for the best Surfboards and Surf Hardware deals.
The Theme Parks can offer you a day out to remember. They really do make sure that every age group is entertained. Dreamworld, Seaworld, Movieworld and Wet'n'Wild are the major Theme Parks and are within an easy drive from the Gold Coast centre, so don't be afraid to pack up the family in the hire car and head out for the day.
Shopping options are endless. Make sure you have a big holiday budget for shopping, as there are many outlets and shopping centres where you can find a bargain. Head to either Pacific Fair or Harbour Town at least once while you are on the Gold Coast.
If you feel like enjoying a relaxing time and heading away from the hustle and bustle of the popular tourist attractions, then head to the Gold Coast hinterland in the comfort of your hire car. You will find lush green, almost tropical surroundings with rivers and waterfalls to explore.
No matter what you decide to do on the Gold Coast, feel the freedom of being where you want to be in a rental car.
Things to do on the Goldy1. See the Theme Parks. With 4 major theme parks on the Gold Coast, you will be sure to find one that suits you and your family. There's not just awesome rides and fun filled activities to enjoy, you can also participate in educational shows and see wildlife upfront and personal. Choose from Wet'n'Wild, Dreamworld, Movieworld and Seaworld. With plenty of parking, you are sure to find good parking for the day.
2. Beaches - You can't go to the Gold Coast without spending a day at the beach. No matter what month you are there, the weather should still permit you to have a great day at the beach. The best part about a day at the beach is that it's free. Once again, there is a heap of street parking along the coastline so don't stress about where to park your hire car. Richard at VroomVroomVroom strongly recommends that all tourists Go Ride a Wave with a surfing lesson at Surfers Paradise. They are very accomodating to beginners and very friendly. They are also the most popular spot for surf board hire.
3. Shop until you absolutely Drop - Being a very popular tourist destination means Bargains! Bargains! Bargains! With so many shopping malls sprawled throughout the Gold Coast, you will definitely find one that you will LOVE. If you are a bit of a shopaholic be sure to book a rental car with plenty of trunk space.
4. Gold Coast Hinterland - Even though the coastline is so inviting and the white sandy beaches are hard to pass up, most days of the year, take your hire car and drive inland to see lush green pastures and tree lined roads. Its a great way to escape the hustle and bustle of the tourist strip without having to drive too far. You can even enjoy pristine waterfalls where locals like to swim.
5. Just enjoy our hotel - Depending on where your staying, you can opt to just stay put and enjoy the luxuries that come with being in a hotel environment. Some even have Kids Clubs so the kids are taken care of.
If you are not sure what to do on the Gold Coast after reading our tips, we are sure that once you arrive and collect your hire car, you will find that you end up running out of time, as the attractions on the Gold Coast are endless.