Drive a Top Car Hire in Emerald and Have a Grand Time
The city of Emerald, located in Queensland, Australia, was established in 1879, by Ludwig Leichhardt, on the site of the Nogoa River. The estimated population of Emerald is more than 15,000 people and is increasing due to local job opportunities in the industrial fields. Emerald industrial sectors cover fruit plantations, cotton areas and coal processing from the mines around the city.
Emerald City is the place where precious stones meets cotton cultures in the development of a large and powerful industrial area, that can still offer cultural and active touristic attractions for anyone.
Why rent a car in Emerald with VroomVroomVroom?
- We have the best offers on your car rental needs in Emerald. Simply enter your travel details into the search menu and compare rates of available car hire vehicles on your specified dates and times.
- Our car hire vehicles are supplied by the leading car hire companies like Avis, Hertz, Thrifty, Budget and Europcar. This will allow you to have a wide range of car hire vehicles to choose from.
- Simply select for the best hire car that will complement to all your holiday needs and book it as early as possible to avail cheaper rates. Make sure to read our Price Promise page if you want to get the lowest rates.
- No need to freak out if you change your plans and need to cancel your reservation for VroomVroomVroom does not have cancellation fees. A valid credit card will only be required when you collect your car hire in Emerald from our depot.
- Explore the Emerald region in a hire car to ensure you don't miss a thing. We have several pick up locations perfectly placed in and near Emerald for our convenience. If you scroll down below, you will see the list of options.
- All enquiries will be happily answered by our well trained and knowledgeable customer care experts. Contact us and we will be delighted to assist you.
Main Attractions within Emerald
The Gemfields is located North of Emerald city and as its name suggests, it is the place for precious stones exploitation. Move your car hire to the Gemfields which is an actual district with towns such as Rubyvale, The Willows, Sapphire and Anakie. They all attract numerous visitors with car hires looking to see their symbol stones and to attend the annual festival GemFest.
Fairbairn Dam is located in the South of Emerald and was built in 1972, when it led to the formation of the artificial Lake Maraboon. Rserve a car hire in Fairbairn Dam which is not only a touristic attraction, offering aquatic sports opportunities and outdoor activities, but also a major element in the industrial development of cotton growing, because of its contribution to the plantations' irrigation systems.
Emerald Botanic Gardens is a unique location in the district to visit, covering a 42 hectares surface, on the banks of the Nogoa River. People come here to relax, to enjoy walking around in the nature and to admire plants and trees or try bird-watching. Water activities include fishing, canoing and kayaking. Explore the gardens which are fully equipped with modern facilities, both outdoor and indoor, special locations for picnics and barbecues, a sheltered area and an interpretive center.
Emerald Centenary of Federation Mosaic Pathway, located in Morton Park, is a monumental 21 tile design that takes tourists through a century of history about the city of Emerald. Witness all the images that were created by local artists as a tribute to the past of the town and its key moments. This one of Emerald's most prided value and landmark.