Compare Rates to Find a First-Rate Car Hire in Tamworth
At VroomVroomVroom, we make booking a rental car easy, so there's no excuses for not hiring a car in Tamworth. We compare all major car rental brands such as Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Europcar, Enterprise (formerly Redspot) and Hertz. Check out our Price Promise to gather more information about finding the cheapest rates.
Home to almost 50,000 people, with an economy relying on business services, agriculture, construction, aviation, manufacturing, and transportation, Tamworth is The Country Music Capital of Australia and also The First City of Light, meaning this was the first city in Australia to have electrical lightened streets. Due to the big number of equine events happening in Tamworth, the city also received the name of National Equine Capital of Australia.
Why book a rental car with VroomVroomVroom?
- Don't delay, book your cheap car hire in Tamworth today! It is always best to book ahead, no matter where you are picking up from. The best thing about our site is, we do not ever hide fees. All fees are displayed in the Terms and Conditions, and a link to the T&C is added in your confirmation email, as well as in your reminder email.
- We provide a list of car rental deals from the top suppliers with their addresses in the lower left hand bar, so you can choose where the most convenient place is for you to collect your car.
- $0 Booking Fees and No Cancellation Fees. Feel safe in knowing that if your plans change, you will not be charged
- SAVE! On time and money by comparing all at once.
- Cheapest car rental Tamworth rates available, or we will match it and give you $20.
- We have been helping drivers to book hire cars for over 10 years.
- LIVE chat, provides real people to help you with your booking instantly. If you have enqueries, don't hesitate to contact us. Our friendly customer care are ready to help and answer all your car queries.
Driving tips in Tamworth
Tamworth is a city located between Sydney and Brisbane, two of the largest cities on the Australian coast. Situated in the New England region of New South Wales, Australia, the driving time from the city to Sydney is approximately 420 km or nearly five hours and 280 km or nearly 2.5 hours inland from Port Macquarie on the Oxley Highway via rental car. It's a three-hour rental car drive from Newcastle and seven hours drive from Brisbane.
Top Tourist Attractions in Tamworth
If you are headed to Tamworth, here are some attractions to see in order to fully understand this wonderful Australian city.
The Heritage Buildings are the historical buildings of Tamworth and are listed in The Register of National Estate. Must see the Hospital Main Block, built in 1883, the Post Office - designed by a colonial Victorian architect named James Barnet in 1886 in a classic Victorian style, the Lands Office on Fitzroy Street, built in 1889 and the Public School from Upper Street, an architectural jewelry standing since 1885.
Tamworth Power Station Museum shows the history of the Power Station that was built here in 1888 due to the high demand of electricity. Tamworth has a major role in the development of electricity in Australia and here is the place to see one of the country's biggest collections of electrical appliances from the 20th century.
The Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum is a museum dedicated to motorcycles and exhibits different models from 1950 to 1980 and different brands including Honda, Ducati, Triumph, Velocette and Lavender. It also has a few items that are limited edition, so do not miss this one of a kind museum in Tamworth.