Compare Rates to Find a Reliable Car Hire in Devonport Ferry
Arriving into Devonport on the Spirit of Tasmania ferry from Melbourne?VroomVroomVroom works with hire car companies that have depots right at the ferry terminal. You can also choose to collect a hire car from the Devonport city depots if this suits you better. There are also car hire depots along The Esplanade which is just a few kilometres away from the Devonport Terminal if you're arriving via ferry.
What you need to know when renting a car
- Driving a rental car on your vacation can be liberating, as you get to experience firsthand what your destination has to offer. However, don't get too caught up on the fun and excitement of your upcoming adventure. There are still things you need to keep in mind to make sure that your vacation will be as fun as you want it to be without a large bill at the end of it.
- Make sure to hire a car that would suit your travel. Consider the number of people that will be on the trip, and their luggage. Our suppliers provide a wide selection of vehicles, from economical to people movers (8-seater). If your group will need more than an 8-seater vehicle, we can help you get a quote for a minibus too.
- Plan before you arrive the attractions you intend to visit with your hire car. This may help you save time and allow you to discover attractions in Devonport that are close together. Hire car companies do have a number of GPS boxes available for an additional cost. There is also an option to add this to your reservation on our booking page.
- Be sure to check the qualifications for hiring a car. As examples, age restrictions and levels of licences are all observed by rental companies. Also, other documents such as International Driver's Permit may be required, if your driver's licence is not written in English.
- Read and understand the terms and conditions of the hire car supplier. Hire cars are not permitted on the ferry when renting from the Devonport Ferry Terminal.
- If you have further questions in booking your cheap car rental in Devonport Ferry Terminal, our friendly customer care experts will be more than happy to assist you. We have a live chat feature on our site that can provide immediate help. You can also reach us by phone or email, details are here.
Driving tips in Devonport Ferry
Arriving or departing by ferry is a great alternative to flying in and out of Tasmania. When you arrive, you can pick up your hire car and instantly drive to discover that Devonport is a picturesque city with a very welcoming atmosphere. It is also a great starting point for a Tasmanian driving holiday. To view awesome information, not only about hiring a car in Devonport, also what you can do there, go to our Devonport page.