Queensland's Season of Sailing
Whether you are looking for a place to sail or just enthusiastic for a romantic sunset view with your family, there's always an adventure waiting for you in The Whitsundays, known as Queensland's ultimate sailing destination. Comprised of a group of 74 islands off the coast, the Whitsundays is one of the most popular tourist destinations as it is filled with magnificent sand beaches ideal for your sailing holiday, with a diverse range of resorts and venues perfect for a family vacation, or a weekend with friends.
The gateway to The Whitsunday Islands, Airlie Beach is a beautiful town to relax and unwind. If you are arriving at Proserpine Airport, known also as Whitsunday Coast Airport (PPP), you can also rent a car from there. This small airport can be found just outside Proserpine, which is only 25km from the centre of Airlie Beach. VroomVroomVroom can assist you with a rental car while you participate in the races, whether it be for a day or longer, so book with us today.
Australian Sailing - Schedule of Events 2017
Launched on the Gold Coast on the 20th March 2012 by Season of Sailing Ambassador Jessica Watson, the Season of Sailing allows everyone to enjoy a sailing holiday, from race competitors to first-timers.
The calendar of events encompasses some of the biggest race weeks in Australia including Hamilton Island Race Week, Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race and Magnetic Island Race Week. The Whitsunday sailing adventures are a fantastic excuse to get the friends and family together and jump on a boat, follow the action from your hotel balcony or just sail away and enjoy each others company.
Below are some of the most-awaited and popular sailing events for the rest of 2017:
- Off the Beach Headingly Series. Join the 4 Sundays of racing set from 16 July – 6 August 2017.
- Airlie Beach Race Week. The Whitsunday Sailing Club's annual Airlie Beach Race Week Festival of Sailing has attracted several famous boats and sailors and is taking place from 10 – 17 August 2017.
- Great Whitsunday Fun Race 2017. The Great Whitsunday Fun Race is set on 9 August 2017. This year, the event has been revised to put the emphasis back on fun, with new race format and program.
- Lady Skippers Race. Sponsored by Swim, Swim, Swim, three races are scheduled over two days.
- Airlie Beach Festival of Music 2017. Celebrating its fifth year, now's your chance to turn up the dial for the Airlie Beach Festival of Music on 1 0 – 12 November 2017 at Whitsunday Sailing Club.
With a record number of deals on offer for the season, why not grab your first mate and hop your way along Queensland's coast to soak up the atmosphere of the season.