Budget Fiji Terms & Conditions - Summary of Key Points
The below T&Cs (including prices and taxes) are provided by Budget and may change without notice to VroomVroomVroom.com.au.
This quote includes:
- VAT of 15%
- Administration Fee
- Basic insurance cover (LDW) for cars with an excess from $3000 FJD - $5000FJD refer to the terms and condtions for details. Excess reduction insurance needs to be purchased separately upon arrival. (not included for Fiji rentals, see below)
- Vehicle Registration
- One way fees if applicable
- Airport taxes and surcharges if applicable
- All vehicle fees related to the booking, eg. Vehicle drop fees, all recovery fees, premium location fees, corporate location fees wherever applicable.
This quote will not include:
- Excess reduction can be purchased at the counter from $22 per day. Refer to the terms and conditons for details. Please refer to Budget for details of their protection policies
- Child Seats or booster seats (can be purchased after confirmation for $12.50FJD* per seat. Please call (679) 672 2735 to add a child seat or reply to your confirmation email with the childs age or seat request (6month - 2 years).
- Extra kilometre travel (if your rental is limited, the limit can not be extended, and each km will be charged at at the per cent amount as determined by the location*).
- Optional coverages, special equipment (GPS, child safety seats, etc.), surcharges and other fees are subject to tax in certain locations. This tax is not reflected in the total.
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival.
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
Modifying your booking may change the original quoted price.
Budget Excess Reduction Guide
VroomVroomVroom.com.au does not sell protection products or excess reduction packages, therefore any quotes/enquiries MUST be directed to Budget.
$3000FJD Excess for groups A, B, C, W, Z (compact, intermediate)
$5,000FJD for groups E, F, K, S (full, wagon, 4x4wagon, dual cab)
$10,000FJD for groups H, L (luxury/specialty)
Accident Excess Reduction
Groups A, B, C, W, Z - Cost of ER is $22FJD per day and reduces Excess to $1000FJD
Groups E, F, K, S - Cost of ER is also $22FJD per day and reduces Excess to $2500FJD
Groups H, L - Cost of ER is $30FJD per day and reduces Excess to $5000FJD
Driver's License Requirements
A valid Driver's license must be held for at least 24 months prior to time of rental and must be presented at time of rental.
Credit Card Policies
Budget accepts the Budget Charge Card, American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and Visa.
Please Note: For renters using a Fastbreak or Applicant pro?le that has a credit card linked as payment, the renter MUST be able to present this card at the counter at time of rental. They must have signatory rights on the credit card so Budget Fiji can authorise the charges.
Debit Card Policies
Debit cards are not accepted.
Additional Driver Policy
Additional drivers must meet the same requirements as the primary driver. Additional Driver fees may apply for all additional drivers. Check at the time of rental for complete details.
Where you cannot drive your car
All insurance is void unless cars are used on regular Miandetta government-maintained roads. In case of accident, immediately contact the police to obtain proper documentation of the accident and car damage. Then contact your local Budget office for roadside assistance and to report any car damage.
Cross border traffic: Cars are not allowed to be ferried to other islands.
Renters are reminded that the underbody and the overhead damage are always at the renter's risk.
At this location, the minimum age is 25 for all car groups.
Additional drivers must meet the same requirements as the primary renter.
Off Road Driving
Budget vehicles may not be operated on non-paved roads. Driving of vehicle on beaches is not permitted. Vehicles are not allowed to be taken onto ferries or cross bodies of water.
Tow bars (or trailer hitches) may not be used with any Budget vehicle.
Many rates, like weekend specials, are only available during certain time periods. Returning the car after or even before the designated time might affect the rate quoted. Returning the car by the agreed-upon time also helps ensure that all other customers will have their reserved car available upon their arrival.
Travel Into Other Countries
Cars are not allowed to be ferried to other islands
CDW is included in the rates and reduces customer liability to between 3000.00 FID and 10,000.00 FID.
These Excess amounts can be reduced by purchasing Excess Reduction (ER) at the time of rental. Cost of ER is between 24.00 FID and 33.00 FID depending on car group rented.
Renters are reminded that the underbody and the overhead damage are always at the renter's risk. All insurance is void unless cars are used on regular Miandetta government-maintained roads. In case of accident, immediately contact the police to obtain proper documentation of the accident and car damage. Then contact your local Budget of?ce for roadside assistance and to report any car damage.