Redspot Terms & Conditions
The below T&Cs (including prices and taxes) are provided by Redspot and may change without notice to VroomVroomVroom.com.au.
T&Cs may change per depot and per car class.
This quote includes:
- Stamp duty.
- Basic insurance cover (LDL) for cars with a damage liability excess of *$4400 AUD or *$5500 depending on the vehicle group - *excluding local taxes and surcharges. Damage Liability reduction can be purchased separately upon arrival
- Signified kilometre amount (generally unlimited, see below for details)
- Vehicle Registration
- One way fees if applicable
- Airport taxes and surcharges if applicable
- All vehicle fees related to the booking, eg. Vehicle drop fees, all recovery fees, premium location fees, corporate location fees wherever applicable.
This quote will not include:
- Excess reduction insurance from $29.70* per day. Please see our Damage Liability Cover for further details.
- Child Seats or booster seats can be purchased after confirmation for $11.00* per seat, per day (max $66.00*)
- Extra kilometre travel - if your rental is limited, the limit cannot be extended, and each km will be charged at $0.28*
- The age surcharge of $16.50* per day, if between the ages of 21 and 25 (maximum of $350/mth)
- Additional Driver charge fee of $5.50* per day, per additional driver to a maximum of $30.00*
- Probationary Licenced Driver (held for a minimum of 1 year) surcharge of $22.00* per day
- GPS $11.00* per day excluding local taxes and surcharges (max $66.00*)
- Fuel: Vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel. Where a vehicle is returned with less than a full tank of fuel, the renter will be charged for fuel and a refuelling fee. A minimum refuelling charge of $25.00* applies if a fuel top up is required. A pre-paid fuel option is available at a discounted rate per litre. All fuel charges must be settled by the renter.
- Security deposit where applicable - see below terms and conditions - Payments terms vary for debit Visa/Mca and Credit cards.
- A Credit card surcharge of 1.65% Visa/Mastercard, 4.95% Diners and Amex applicable to all rentals paid for with a credit card and charged on the total cost of the rental. Redspot have restrictions on China Union Pay (CUP) Credit Cards - see below.
- Tollway charges: Road Toll + Admin Fee of $1.30* (per toll)
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
Redspot Damage Liability Reduction - Standard Rate
VroomVroomVroom.com.au does not sell protection products or excess reduction packages, therefore any quotes/enquiries MUST be directed to Redspot
- Standard Damage Liability
Economy Compact , Intermediate-Midsize I , Fullsize $4400.00*.
Intermediate-Midsize SUV Fullsize Premium Van $5500.00*
- Standard Collision Damage Waiver from $29.70*. This package reduces your liability to $440*/$550*
- Super Collision Damager Waiver
Economy , Compact, Intermediate-Midsize, Fullsize $35.20* (excluding Location Fees & GST) per day reduces your damage liability to zero.Intermediate-Midsize SUV, Fullsize $35.20*(excluding Location Fees & GST) per day reduces your damage liability to zero.Premium Van, $35.20* (excluding Location Fees & GST) per day reduces your damage liability to AUD 330.00*
Important: Rental Requirements and Qualifications
Modifying your booking may change the original quoted price. For details on how to modify your booking please click the 'My Booking' tab above.
AIRPORT PICKUP: IMPORTANT
Accurate Flight Details and Flight arrival time are extremely important. At airport locations, Redspot will hold vehicles when flights are delayed, provided the flight number has been given. Vehicles will be released if not collected 30 minutes after flights have cleared. At city locations, vehicles will be held for one hour after the nominated collection time.
Hint: If you are delayed, visit the counter of the supplier at your departing airport.
It is important to have a contact number where you are able to be reached while travelling to ensure flight delays are monitored. If this is not on the reservation - staff may not be available for delayed flights.
Late night or Express Return: Should you wish to book after hours returns and this is confirmed by Redspot, the vehicle remains your responsibility until staff have arrived to check in the vehicle.
Rental Requirements and Qualifications
We accept current Australian, International and overseas licences. Overseas licences that are not easily identifiable as a drivers licence must be accompanied by an International Licence or English translation. Valid driver's licence must be held for a minimum of 12 months.
Young Driver Requirements and Surcharge
- Minimum driver age of 21 years old. There is no maximum age, however under 25 years old will only be able to reduce their damage liability to $330.00.
- A young driver surcharge of $15.40 per day which excludes Location Fee and GST applies to all Drivers aged between 21-24 years old.
- Drivers aged between 21-24 are restricted to vehicles Economy Compact and Intermediate car groups only.
- All drivers must have held their licence for a minimum of 1 (one) year. If any driver is on a probationary licence there is an additional Probationary Licence Fee of $18.70 per day which excludes Location Fee and GST."
- When collecting a car Redspot need to see three forms of ID including a valid driver's licence. Examples of other ID Redspot accept are Medicare Card, passport, credit/charge card, student ID, household electricity statement.
- Your driver's licence must be in English.
- If your driver's licence doesn't include a photo, Redspot need to see alternative photo ID.
- At time of rental, the renter must present a valid, open drivers licence issued from country of residence.
- Provisional Drivers Licence Holders - Drivers that do not have an open drivers licence will need to pay for a provisional drivers licence fee of $25.00 per day, with a monthly cap of A$350.00 to cover costs for higher premiums for provisional drivers.
- If your licence is not in English, then an International Drivers Licence is also required.
Credit Card and Deposit/Bond
For payments and deposits Redspot accepts all major credit cards, Visa/MasterCard debit cards. Charges for options and coverage must be settled at the commencement of the rental together with a deposit (bond). The security bond is a $200 - $1000 pre-authorisation, which is automatically released to you by your bank within a standard period of 7 to 28 days.
The credit/debit card holder is listed as the hirer and must be present at the time of rental commencement.
- A credit card authorisation holds or secures an amount on your credit card, allowing Redspot access to the funds in the event additional amounts need to be charged, such as damage liability, rental extension or fuel charges. A credit card authorisation is not a charge but it will limit the funds available on your credit/debit card.
- Accepted debit cards must have the Visa/Mastercard emblem, and be able to use the credit facility for the transaction, linked to your personal bank account - not the prepaid style, or eftpos card. For clarification contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 4.95% handling fee applies to American Express and Diners Club.
Union Pay Cards:
- The minimum age is 21.
- There is no maximum age, however drivers over 75 and under 25 years old cannot reduce their liability to Zero for any new damage to the vehicle.
- Drivers 21-24 years old are restricted to vehicles Economy, Compact and Intermediate groups only and are subject to a $25.00 per day fee, with a monthly cap of A$350.00.
Probationary & Restricted Licences
Drivers holding a provisional or restricted licence are permitted, subject to payment of a daily surcharge of A$22.00, with a monthly cap of A$350.00 (this is over and above the young & older driver surcharge).
A rental day is 24 hours. A fifty-nine (59) minute grace period is extended beyond this time after which an additional day will be charged to the hirer. All rental extensions must be requested by the hirer and authorised and paid direct to Redspot. The rate may vary from that originally paid. At peak times and with specialty vehicle types extensions may not be possible. No refunds are given for vehicles returned early. If a rental spans two seasons, the rate applicable to the pick-up date is used for the entire rental.
Vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel. Where a vehicle is returned with less than a full tank of fuel, the renter will be charged for fuel and a refuelling fee. A minimum refuelling charge of $25.00 applies if a fuel top up is required. A pre-paid fuel option is available at time of collection at a discounted rate per litre. All fuel charges must be settled by the renter.
Toll Road Passes
Can I bring my own device?
Baby / Booster Seats
Child restraints are compulsory when transporting infants and young children by motor vehicle on Australian roads. All vehicles are fitted with child restraint anchor points.
Baby Seats are available at all locations in limited supply. We recommend baby seats are pre-booked to avoid disappointment. A daily fee of $11.00 plus local taxes and surcharges with a maximum rental charge of $ 66.00 plus local taxes and surcharges. In cases of loss or damage a replacement fee of $330.00 will be charged to the renter.
We offer a child restraint which is the reversible type. When fitted in the reverse position it is suitable for newborn to 6-month old babies with the baby facing the rear of the vehicle. When fitted in the upright position the child restraint is recommended for infants of 6 months to 5 years of age with the infant and restraint facing forward.
Our intent is to ensure that our customers receive a level of service that they would expect in ensuring that the child seats (restraints) are correctly fitted, meeting all manufacturers safety standards and requirements.
Some of our staff are been trained in the fitting of child safety restraints, and only these staff will be able to fit the restraints, or to advise on what they believe to be the best type of restraint and method of fitting.
Please be aware however, that if you have requested a restraint be fitted, that the child restraint you have booked has been installed in the car for your convenience.
Please check that the restraint is installed to your requirements before driving off, as we do not take any responsibility for incorrect fitting.
Child Safety Seat
Where you can/cannot drive the vehicle (Area of Use):
If there's a delay
If your flight is delayed Redspot can hold your booking at the airport (so long as the flight number has been given). Once we've had word that your flight has landed and you haven't arrived for your pick-up, we'll release the booking after 30 minutes if other customers need the car.
At city locations Redspot can hold your booking for 1 hour after the nominated collection time unless you contact them to arrange an alternative pickup time.
Comprehensive Motor Vehicle Insurance including third party and public liability is included in Redspot rates. A loss and damage liability (LDL) may apply. The renter will be fully liable for any damage to the Redspot vehicle and any third party property, if the terms and conditions of the rental agreement are breached.
Need more info? Contact Us.
Vehicle Return Procedure
Listed below are the procedures that your customers should follow to return their vehicles.
City Locations Sydney, Melbourne & Perth.
Returning vehicles to our capital city locations is simply a matter of driving into the parking bays in front of our capital city locations and returning the keys to the staff at our counters
Please note rental vehicles must be returned during office hours unless an after hour return is requested and agreed with the location manager. For after hour returns no staff member will be present to check the car in.
On Airport Locations
Returning a vehicle to an on-airport location is a simple procedure. Your customer should follow the signs marked car rental return and park the vehicle in the bays that are marked "REDSPOT" parking bays. Please advise your customer that they should note the fuel level and mileage before returning the keys to our rental desks. All rental desks at on-airport locations are located in the arrivals section of the airport terminal.
Please note for after hours returns no staff member will be present to check the car in.
Base Rate, Collision Damage Waiver and Super Collision Damage Waiver
If another person has caused the damage; Enterprise-Redspot will attempt to recover all costs from that person or his or her insurer. The amount paid by you towards damage liability will be refunded to you to the extent Enterprise-Redspot is successful in recovering all costs.
Where the Vehicle is hired from a remote Location and driven between sunset and sunrise outside a city province, and loss or damage is the result of a single vehicle accident the renter will be liable for all losses incurred.
Tyre and Windscreen ProtectionThis reduces the renters financial liablity against damage to Windscreens, Headlights, Tyres and Overhead to Zero. A daily premium of $6.50 for all car groups applies.
WHTO cover does not cover damage caused by a person stepping, standing or sitting on the roof or any other panel of the Vehicle or by loading or unloading goods. The renter's liability for Damage to the roof of the Vehicle caused by loading or unloading goods including surf craft is not covered or limited.