Budget Terms & Conditions
The below T&Cs (including prices and taxes) are provided by Budget and may change without notice to VroomVroomVroom.com.au.
T&Cs may change per depot and per car class.
This quote includes:
- Administration Fee
- Basic insurance cover (LDW) for cars (not specialty cars, 4WD's, luxury models) with an excess of $2847 AUD, specialty vehicles $5500, (excluding local taxes and surcharges). Excess reduction insurance needs to be purchased separately upon arrival.
- Vehicle Registration
- One way fees if applicable
- Airport taxes and surcharges if applicable
- All vehicle fees related to the booking, eg. Vehicle drop fees, all recovery fees, premium location fees, corporate location fees wherever applicable.
This quote will not include:
- Excess reduction insurance. Please see our Excess Reduction Guide for further details.
- Child Seats or booster seats (can be purchased after confirmation for $6.60*/$5.50* per seat, per day up to a maximum of $77/$55 per seat perrent.
- Extra kilometre travel (if your rental is limited, the limit cannot be extended, and each km will be charged at $0.275*).
- The age surcharge of $16.50* per day, if between the ages of 21 and 25.
- GPS $10.95*/day or $55*/week*. GPS are subject to availability and can not be guaranteed.
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival, eg. vehicle snow equipment.
- Security deposit where applicable - see below terms and conditions - Payments terms vary for debit Visa/Mastercard and Credit cards.
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
Modifying your booking may change the original quoted price. For details on how to modify your booking please click the 'My Booking' tab above.
AIRPORT PICKUP: IMPORTANT
Accurate Flight Details and Flight arrival time are extremely important. Correct details are a requirement of suppliers to guarantee the reservation. Delays will occur if the incorrect details are added to the reservation - and some suppliers will not hold the reservation longer that 1 hour unless notified. Hint: if you are delayed - visit the counter of the supplier at your departing airport.
Geelong After Hours Return - Express Return.
Geelong downtown currently has an after hours droppoff whereby the staff are not available at the express return. Please note that this means you will remain responsible for the vehicle until staff arrive to check in and must be authorised directly with the depot. Please contact email@example.com if you require further information.
Budget Excess Reduction Guide
VroomVroomVroom.com.au does not sell protection products or excess reduction packages, therefore any quotes/enquiries MUST be directed to Budget.
- Get it cheaper with Hiccup Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance
- Standard Liability $2847* (excluding taxes and local fee)
- Accident Excess Reduction - $25*, $27* for remote locations (per day excluding local fees and surcharges)
This package reduces your liability to $341.55* (excluding local fees and surcharges)
- 4WD Nissan Patrol and Premium Convertible Holden Astra Standard Liability $5500 (excluding taxes and local fee)
- Accident Excess Reduction - $29* (per day excluding local fees and surcharges)
This package reduces your liability to $1100* (excluding taxes and local fee)
To rent a vehicle you must present a valid unrestricted Drivers Licence (i.e. not a probationary Licence) that you have held for a minimum of 12 months. The Licence must include a photo of yourself and be written in English. If the Licence is not in English you must carry an English Translation and an International Driving Permit.
If you have held a valid, unrestricted drivers licence, for a minimum of 12 months and it is in English you will not require an international permit. If you do not have these prerequisites then you will need an international permit. All documents must be original. No photocopies are recognized.
There are no surcharges for additional drivers who meet Budget's minimum age and licence requirements.
Payment - Credit Cards
Payment must be made by credit card when collecting the vehicle. The credit card holder needs to be present when the vehicle is collected. When you collect your vehicle a pre-authorisation will be made on your credit card for the estimated value of the rental and any applicable security bond. Provided the vehicle is returned undamaged and no additional charges apply (e.g. fuel), the pre-authorisation is cancelled.
Payment - Debit Visa/Mastercard
You may be able to use a MasterCard or Visa debit card in some instances.
Debit cards - not accepted at some regional/suburbs.
- - is issued by a bank or other financial institution; and
- - displays the MasterCard or Visa logo; and
- - has the customer's name and card number on the card.
If you are planning to use a debit card please contact the rental location directly to confirm if it will be accepted OR reply to the confirmation email requesting deposit information. Our team will contact the depot for you and advise by return email in 1 business day.
On Return: Although you present a major credit card at the time of rental, when you return the vehicle, you will be asked if you'd like to keep the rental charges on that credit card or pay cash. Since car rental companies ask for credit approval on the estimated car rental charges when you pick up the car, that amount will be held against your credit balance on that card for up to 14 days, regardless of how you pay upon return.
Most car rental companies require drivers to be over the age of 25. Some locations, including some Budget locations, have lower minimum age requirements, such as 21, and may require a surcharge. Groups available for drivers 21-25 are mini to intermediate (subject to availability).
Age Surcharge (21 to 24)
An additional surcharge of $16.50* per day applies. This surcharge is not reflected in the Estimated Cost and will be added to your rental fees.
Off Road Driving
Budget vehicles may not be operated on non-paved roads. Driving of vehicle on beaches is not permitted. Vehicles are not allowed to be taken onto ferries or cross bodies of water.
Tow bars (or trailer hitches) may not be used with any Budget vehicle.
Many rates, like weekend specials, are only available during certain time periods. Returning the car after or even before the designated time might affect the rate quoted. Returning the car by the agreed-upon time also helps ensure that all other customers will have their reserved car available upon their arrival.
Where you can/ cannot drive the vehicle
You and any Authorised Driver must only use the Vehicle on a road, which is properly formed and constructed as a sealed, metal or gravel road.
You and any Authorised Driver must not, unless authorised in
writing by Budget, drive or take the Vehicle:
- to Kangaroo Island, Bruny Island, Fraser Island, Magnetic Island, Groote Eylandt, Gove Peninsula or the Tiwi Islands;
- into or out of the Northern Territory, Western Australia or Tasmania;
- in Queensland:
(1) on Highway No.27: beyond Chillagoe in a Westerly direction;
(2) on Highway No.1: beyond Normanton in a Southerly, direction and no further North than Karumba;
(3) if the Vehicle is a passenger vehicle or truck, beyond Cooktown to the North or Lakeland to the West and no
further North than Cape Tribulation on the Coast Road; or
(4) on the Coast Road from Helenvale to Cape Tribulation, or from Laura to Lakeland, unless the Vehicle is a 4 wheel
- above the snow line in Tasmania, New South Wales and Victoria (being Jindabyne in New South Wales and Bright in
Victoria) from the beginning of June until the end of September; on beaches or through streams, dams, rivers or flood waters.
- in Western Australia:
(1) to any parts North of Carnarvon;
(2) beyond 100 kilometres of the Perth city limits between dusk and dawn; or
(3) otherwise, outside any town or city limits between dusk and dawn; or
- in the Northern Territory, outside any town or city limits
between dusk and dawn.
- cars picked up ON Kangaroo Island - outside any town or city limits between dusk and dawn.
Area of use Restrictions
Restrictions may apply if you intend to take the vehicle outside the local area in which it is being collected. If you intend to do so, you must contact the pick up location prior to the rental for advice on availability or restrictions that may apply for this rental. In Western Australia and the Northern Territory the use of vehicles in certain areas is restricted to commercial 4WD vehicles only, please contact your rental location for more information. Vehicles are not to be taken off the Mainland of Australia unless connected by bridge (for example, travel between Brisbane and Stradbroke Island or Melbourne and Devonport is prohibited).
During the ski season, vehicles may not be taken above the snowline (unless advised otherwise). Please contact your selected branch for further information. Local driving conditions and restrictions vary between locations. We suggest you contact the pick up location for advice if you intend travelling outside the local area.
GPS Navigation Unit:
When travel takes you some place new, it can be difficult to navigate yourself around. The hands free GPS unit will do this for you, directing you to your location with clear, turn-by-turn directions that announces streets by name
Terms and Conditions:
* Available at participating locations.
* Budget holds your request with your reservation however cannot guarantee availability until rental pickup
* Reliability of directions is subject to software provided by the supplier.
* I (renter); acknowledge that the Budget GPS navigation unit utilizes global positioning satellites. I acknowledge that the GPS unit may be limited by atmospheric or topographical conditions. I further acknowledge that the Budget GPS unit may be rendered inoperative if it is tampered with or destroyed and or damaged in an accident or if the satellite systems are obstructed and inoperative.
* The Renter is responsible for all costs in the event of lost, stolen or damaged Budget GPS navigation unit and all of its components.
* The Renter agrees to release and hold Budget harmless for any GPS unit failures.
It's easy to reserve a GPS unit. Click the "modify" button - above. If you already have a reservation, simply visit www.budget.com and modify your reservation to add the GPS navigation option. If the option isn't available at your rental location, you won't see it as a selection on step 3 of the reservation process.
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child Safefty Seats: Suitable for children aged 6 months to less than the age of 4 years. The Child Safety Seat rate is $6.60* per seat/day up to a maximum of $77.00* (plus local taxes and surcharges).
Booster seats: Suitable for children approximately aged 4 -7 years. The Child Booster Seat rate is $5.50* per seat/day up to a maximum of $55.00 (plus local taxes and surcharges).
It's easy to reserve a seat. Click the "modify" button - above. If you already have a reservation, simply visit www.budget.com and modify your reservation to add the child seat/booster option. If the option isn't available at your rental location, you won't see it as a selection on step 3 of the reservation process. Alternatively email email@example.com, advise the child age, and we'll do it for you!
Electronic Tolling Program
The RMS E-Toll Facility will be made available by RMS to you when you rent a vehicle from the Budget network.
At the time of rental of your vehicle, you will receive your Budget rental document as you currently do, but the RMS Customer Agreement will now apply to the use of the RMS E-Toll Facility when you use the vehicle on a toll road and incur tolls.
The amounts payable in connection with your use of the RMS E-Toll Facility are described in the RMS Terms and Conditions. Please note that the amounts payable include:
(a) the applicable toll(s) incurred by your use of the vehicle on a toll road during the rental (which varies from toll road to toll road); and
(b) a service fee of, currently, $3.30 (if paying other than by cash) or $5.00 (if paying by cash) for each calendar day on which the vehicle incurs a toll (part of which service fee is paid by the RMS to Budget or a Budget licensee (as applicable).
The amounts owing to the RMS in connection with your use of the RMS E-Toll Facility will be invoiced directly by RMS – visit www.myetoll.com.au/budget for full details. You must not use any other tag or tolling product of any other toll provider in your Budget rental vehicle. If you do, there could be two separate charges – one by RMS and another by the other toll facility provider.