Avis Terms & Conditions - Summary of Key Points
This summary has been prepared by Vroom as a guideline to alert you to the key inclusions, exclusions, requirements and other terms and conditions which may apply when renting from this supplier. Customers will be required to accept Avis Rental terms when collecting the vehicle.
For current promotions please refer to the last section of the terms and conditions page.
This quote includes:
- Administration Fee
- Basic insurance cover (LDW) for cars with an excess of $4554 AUD (excluding taxes and surcharges). Excess reduction insurance needs to be purchased separately upon arrival
- Signified kilometre amount (generally unlimited, see below for extra km charges).
- Vehicle Registration
- One way fees if applicable
- Airport taxes and surcharges if applicable (subject to change)
- All vehicle fees related to the booking, eg. Vehicle drop fees, all recovery fees, premium location fees, corporate location fees wherever applicable.
This quote will not include:
- Security deposit where applicable - see below important payment method terms and conditions.
- Excess reduction insurance. Please see our Excess Reduction Guide for further details.
- Child Seats or booster seats (can be purchased after confirmation for $7.70* per seat, per day, $38.50* per week - maximum $77* per 30 days.
- Extra kilometre travel (if your rental is limited, the limit can not be extended, and each km will be charged at $0.275 - $0.37* depending on location).
- The age surcharge of $28.50* per day, if between the ages of 21 and 24. NOT Probationary/Provisional P Plate Licence holders.
- GPS $10.95/day* or $54.95*/week. GPS are subject to availability and can not be guaranteed.
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival, eg. vehicle snow equipment.
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
Modifying your booking may change the original quoted price. For details on how to modify your booking please click the 'My Booking' tab above.AIRPORT PICKUP: IMPORTANT
Accurate Flight Details and Flight arrival time are extremely important. Correct details are a requirement of suppliers to guarantee the reservation. Delays will occur if the incorrect details are added to the reservation - and some suppliers will not hold the reservation longer than 1 hour unless notified.
Hint: if you are delayed - visit the counter of the supplier at your departing airport.
Avalon Airport - staff will not be available unless a flight is down. Avis confirmation is conditional to your arrival on a flight. Staff offer a meet and greet service only - at flight arrival time.
Avis Excess Reduction Guide
We do not sell protection products or excess reduction packages, therefore any quotes/enquiries MUST be directed to Avis.
- Get it cheaper with Hiccup Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance
- Standard Liability $4454.00* (excluding local fees and surcharges)
- Accident Excess Reduction - $27.50* (per day excluding local fees and surcharges)
This package reduces your liability to $626.00* (excluding local fees and surcharges)
Varies by age of renter, location, type of vehicle and rate. Note: ER does not cover certain loss or damage and cannot be waived in full. Please contact Avis for further insurance information, specialty cars differ in excess. Subject to the Avis Terms and Conditions.
The renter must have held a valid open driver's licence for at least 12 months and must present it at the time of rental. The licence must be valid at the time of rental and remain valid throughout the rental period. All drivers must meet Avis' requirements. The licence is checked for validity by noting the following:
Provincial (state) seal or stamp Expiration date Description of the renter Traffic violations Licence signature.
Erasures or corrections are not accepted unless authorised by issuing province (state).
Individuals with Learner's Permits, Provisional or Probationary licences may not operate Avis vehicles. Avis is unable to rent a car to anyone with a suspended, revoked, expired, cancelled or surrendered driver's licence.
International driver's licences accepted by Avis in Australia:
- A driver's licence issued by any state or territory in Australia or New Zealand.
- A driver's licence issued by any United States, territory, or possession.
- Any foreign renter must carry a driver's licence written in English. Any customer carrying a non-English licence must also present an International Driving Permit that is written in English.
- International driving permits serve only as a translation, and are valid if presented in conjunction with an official driver's licence of the issuing country.
Payment - Credit Cards
Avis accepts many major credit cards as credit identification at the time of rental. Acceptable credit cards include: American Express, Avis, Bankcard, Diner's Club International, Diner's Club with MasterCard logo, JCB/JAL, Mastercard, Visa. Note: Full rental charges must be available as a pre-authority at the time of rental. A hold will be placed on your card for this amount.
Payment - Debit Cards
- is issued by a bank or other financial institution; and
- displays the MasterCard or Visa logo; and
- has the customer's name and card number on the card.
Please reply to the confirmation email or email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting deposit information - our team will contact the depot for you and advise by return email in 1 business day.
The following individuals, if 25 years of age or older and in possession of a valid driver's licence may drive the car with the renter's prior permission:
Only those people named as drivers on the rental agreement are insured to drive the vehicle. Additional drivers can be nominated free of charge and must sign an "Additional Driver" form at the time of rental. Additional drivers must also cary a current valid drivers license. Authorised drivers are defined as:
* Renter's employer (while on company business)
* Renter's fellow employee (while on company business)
* Renter's spouse or life partner
Authorised drivers need not be present at the time of rental nor do they need to sign an additional driver form.
Renter's employer (while on company business) or,
Renter's fellow employee (while on company business)
Renter's spouse or life partner:
The above additional drivers are considered "authorised drivers" and need not be present at the time of rental nor do they need to sign an additional driver form. Other individuals may be listed as additional drivers provided they are at least 25 years of age; present a valid driver's licence and complete an additional driver form.
In Australia the minimum age is 21. A Young Driver surcharge of AUD $28.50* (including GST) plus local surcharges, per day per driver applies for drivers ages 21-24, regardless of length of rental.
Off Road Driving
Avis vehicles may not be operated on non-paved roads. Driving of vehicle on beaches is not permitted. Vehicles are not allowed to be taken onto ferries or cross bodies of water.
Tow bars (or trailer hitches) may not be used with any Avis vehicle.
Most Avis rentals are based on a 24 hour day. A car rented at 10AM for a one-day rental is due back at 10AM the next day. There is a 59-minute grace period. If the car is returned within the 59-minute grace period there will not be any additional hourly rate. Beyond the 59-minute period, an hourly rate will apply until it equals the rate for an additional day. Charges for optional services such as Excess Reduction, etc. are charged as full days after the 59-minute grace period. If a vehicle is returned beyond the parameter associated with a specific rate code the rental may revert to a higher applicable rate.
Electronic Tolling ProgramThe RMS E-Toll Facility will be made available by the RMS to you when you rent a vehicle from the Avis network. At the time of rental of your vehicle, you will receive your Avis rental document as you currently do, but the RMS Customer Agreement will now apply to the use of the RMS E-Toll Facility when you use the vehicle on a toll road and incur tolls.
- (a) the applicable toll(s) incurred by your use of the vehicle on a toll road during the rental (which varies from toll road to toll road); and
- (b) a service fee of, currently, $3.30 (if paying other than by cash) or $5.00 (if paying by cash) for each calendar day on which the vehicle incurs a toll (part of which service fee is paid by the RMS to Avis or a Avis licensee (as applicable).
Where you can/ cannot drive the vehicle3.1 You and any Authorised Driver must only use the Vehicle on a road which is properly formed and constructed as a sealed, metalled or gravel road.
3.2 You and any Authorised Driver must not, unless authorised in writing by Avis, drive or take the Vehicle:
- (a) to Gove Peninsula or any island off the coast of Australia (including, but not limited to, Kangaroo Island, Bruny Island, Fraser Island, Magnetic Island, Groote Eylandt or the Tiwi Islands);
- (b) into or out of the Northern Territory, Western Australia or Tasmania;
- (c) in Queensland:
(1) on Highway No.27: beyond Chillagoe in a Westerly direction;(2) on Highway No.1: beyond Normanton in a Southerly, direction and no further North than Karumba;(3) if the Vehicle is a passenger vehicle or truck, beyond Cooktown to the North or Lakeland to the West and no further North than Cape Tribulation on the Coast Road; or
(4) on the Coast Road from Helenvale to Cape Tribulation, or from Laura to Lakeland, unless the Vehicle is a 4 wheel drive vehicle;
- (d) in the snow (at any time and anywhere (including Tasmania));
- (e) above the snow line in:
(1) New South Wales (being Jindabyne); or(2) Victoria (being Bright), from the beginning of June until the end of September;
- (f) on beaches or through streams, dams, rivers or flood waters; or
- (g) in Western Australia, to any parts North of Carnarvon; or
- (h) in the Northern Territory, on the Jim Jim Falls Road to Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls.
Use of the vehicle4.1 You and any Authorised Driver must:
- (a) not use, or allow the Vehicle to be used, for any illegal purpose, race, contest or performance test of any kind;
- (b) not, without Avis' prior written consent, use, or allow the Vehicle to be used, to push anything;
- (c) not carry, or allow the Vehicle to carry, more passengers than may be properly accommodated by the seat belt restraints provided in the Vehicle;
- (d) not be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or have a blood alcohol content that exceeds the legal limit in the State or Territory in which the Vehicle is driven;
- (e) not, without Avis' prior written consent, use or allow the Vehicle to be used to carry passengers for payment of any kind;
- (f) not use the Vehicle when it is damaged or unsafe;
- (g) not drive the Vehicle after an accident or hitting an object (including an animal) until You have obtained Avis' approval to do so;
- (h) not use the Vehicle to transport goods, except in compliance with all necessary approvals, permits, licences and government requirements (to be obtained at Your cost) and in accordance with the Manufacturer's Specifications and Avis' recommendations;
- (i) not, without Avis' prior written consent, use the Vehicle to carry any inflammable substance which has a flash point under 22.8°C or any other explosive or corrosive substances;
- (j) not use the Vehicle for the conveyance or towing of any load unless You have Avis' prior written consent; the load is correctly loaded and secured and not in excess of that for which the Vehicle was manufactured; for towing, the Vehicle is fitted with a tow bar; and the conveyance or towing is undertaken in accordance with the Manufacturer's Specifications and Avis' recommendations; and
- (k) not use the Vehicle in contravention of any law.
*Perth 5th Day Free Promo*
Rent a selected car for 5 consecutive days or more in Perth and receive your 5th day free* of time and kilometre charges.
*Terms & Conditions
- Offer available at all Avis Perth locations for vehicles collected by 15 December 2017
- Free day applicable to the base rate (time and kilometre charges) only
- Minimum rental period of 5 days apply
- Offer applies to car groups A,B, C, D, E, P, L, K, V, S, F, G, H, W & Z (excludes Signature Series)
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, coupon or promotion and is not available on package tour, travel industry or government rates
- Avis standard age, credit and driver requirements apply
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the Avis Rental Agreement at the time of rental.