Use VroomVroomVroom to Find a Top Motorhome and Campervan Hire in New Zealand
VroomVroomVroom can help you find the perfect campervan or motorhome rental for your New Zealand holiday. We partner with trusted suppliers to bring you the perfect vehicles at affordable prices. These include Maui, Apollo, Real Value, Jucy and Britz. Simply indicate your travel dates and preferred locations to pick-up and drop-off your vehicle, and compare camper and RV hire prices in top locations such as Auckland , Queenstown , Christchurch and Dunedin.
With VroomVroomVroom you can enjoy exciting New Zealand campervan holidays
New Zealand features abundant, beautiful scenery and accessible natural wonders. Motorhome hire is one of the best ways to experience the country, with many campgrounds in pristine natural environments. New Zealand was recently voted as "the best country in the world" by readers of the UK newspaper, the Telegraph. Come and find out what all of the fuss is about, and experience New Zealand in with the added comfort and convenience of a motorhome rental.
Popular Road Trip Routes
- Christchurch to Queenstown: Known as the most popular road trip in New Zealand, you’ll be able to see some of the best scenery in the world. On this road trip, make sure to check out world-famous glaciers and of course Mount Cook on your way down south.
- New Zealand Wine Trail: From Napier to Hastings, Martinborugh, Picton and Blenheim, you will be able to explore some of the best wineries in the world, right here in the pristine New Zealand.
- Auckland to New Plymouth: Starting in The Hakarimata Scenic Reserve and ending at Mount Taranaki, a road trip from Auckland to New Plymouth is truly unforgettable. Explore the crystal clear blue springs in Putaruru, the gorgeous Hamilton Gardens and Pirongia Forest Park on this road trip.
- Queenstown to Milford Sound: Taking just under 4 hours to get to, this route is a stunning display of nature at its finest, winding you through Fiordland National Park in your rental car.
- Thermal Explorer Highway: You’ll start your trip in Rotorua. From there you can follow the highway to Lake Taupo, and make a detour to the stunning Tongariro National Park.
The best of New Zealand...
- Best Hiking Destinations
- Best Beach Destinations
- Best Sandboarding Destinations
- Best Destinations for Foodies
- Best Summer Destinations According To Bloggers
Top Campervan Parks and Campgrounds in New Zealand
Arrowtown Holiday Park is 700m from Arrowtown village centre, close to shops, cafes and restaurants with stunning views of the Remarkables mountain range. Arrowtown is a boutique, historic mining town just 15 minutes drive from Queenstown. The park provides first-rate campervan sites with concrete hardstand or grass sites complete with power, water and drainage hook-ups. Amenities include a playground, TV, spacious kitchen, showers, toilets, a barbecue area, picnic tables, laundry, tennis court and WiFi access. The site is located at 12 Centennial Avenue.
Hahei Holiday Resort is the ultimate campground. It is located in Hahei, one of the premier beaches on the Coromandel Peninsula, just a 20 minute walk from famous Cathedral Cove and a quick drive to Hot Water Beach. The resort has a range of campsites, including stunning beachfront sites, complete with their own picnic table and clothesline. The campground has its own general store, which sells gourmet pies and espresso. A well equipped camp kitchen, playground, and Wifi are all available for guests.
Tahuna Beach Kiwi Holiday Park has a superb location the pristine Tahunanui Beach. There are a wide range of accommodation options to choose from to suit every budget, from campsites and cabins to motel units. There are plenty of recreational facilities including a basketball court, mini golf course and playgrounds. Enjoy the sun, sand and the sea during your camping holiday in Nelson.
Top Attractions in New Zealand
- Fiordland National Park is located in the South Island, not far from Queenstown. The national park is famous for its iconic fjords, the most famous of which is Milford Sound. Visitors can also enjoy waterfalls and the perfectly reflective Mirror Lakes. The scenery in Fiordland is among the most beautiful in the world, don't miss your chance to experience nature at its finest.
- The Waitomo Glow Worm Caves is a popular tourist attraction on New Zealand's North Island, more than two hours drive south of Auckland. The walls of the cave are covered in the bright glow worms, and visitors can experience the unique sight on a walking tour or by boat. There are plenty of beautiful walking trails above ground as well.
- The Hobbiton Movie Set is located two hours outside of Auckland, and offers an unforgettable behind-the-scenes experience. Join a tour of the area that was used in the filming of the famous Lord of the Rings trilogy, and step into Middle Earth.
- Fox Glacier gives visitors a memorable hiking trip on the longest Glacier on the West Coast. Fox Glacier extends 13 kilometres, and features many interesting ice formations. To enjoy the glacier from above, scenic flights are also offered. There are plenty of accommodation options nearby, as well as great local restaurants.
- Mt Cook or Aoraki is New Zealand's highest peak, and the surrounding national park contains many exciting hiking trails. Visitors can see glaciers and the many towering mountains of the Southern Alps. There are trails of varying difficulties, so you can opt to explore one of the easier walks and enjoy the stunning scenery at your own pace.
Check our map of New Zealand below for locations that offer campervan rentals: