What Car Hire Company Rents to 19-Year-Olds in Australia?
There are a few suppliers that provide car hire for 19-year-olds including Jucy. They offer car hire for 18-year-old and above drivers for an additional fee, as long as they hold a Full Driver Licence in English or an Australian Green P Plate Licence. However, they do not accept Learners Licence or probationary Licences such as a Red P Plate or P1 Licence. While some small companies rent out to under 21 in Australia, unfortunately, none of the major car rental companies do that.
What car rental companies rent under 25?
The following car hire companies in Australia allow renting a car to drivers aged 21 to 24 with an open licence:
- Enterprise (formerly Redspot)
An additional age surcharge applies to drivers under 25 years. With any car rental agreement, make sure you understand all fees that will be charged. Check out the Terms and Conditions of each supplier for age surcharge.
What rental car companies rent to Provisional Licence holders?
- Enterprise (formerly Redspot) rents to Provisional Licence holders over 21 that have held their Licence for a minimum of 1 year.
- Hertz also has the same drivers licence terms except in Tasmania wherein renters need to have held a driver's licence for at least three years and not on a Provisional Licence.
Things to consider for under 25 car rental in Australia
- You cannot circumvent the higher fees by arranging the rental in an older driver's name.
- All drivers must be registered regardless of who signs the agreement
- If an unregistered driver is involved in an accident, they will not be covered and all insurances are null and void, so make sure you always register all potential drivers.
- Consider a local, rather than national, car rental company. A local rental agency in your area may have more favourable rates or policies for younger drivers.
- If you need help in booking a car hire or would like to get an estimate rental car cost including age surcharge, feel free to contact us. You can also drop us a message via Facebook and Twitter.
Read more about age restrictions here.