- see

What Documents Will I Need to Pick Up a Campervan in Australia

Required campervan documents

When you pick up your campervan, you will need to bring proper documents with you. In some cases, the requirements may be different based on which supplier you've hired your campervan with. It is always best to check the terms and conditions of your rental.

Driver's licence

The renter will be required to show a full valid driver's licence (state, national or international) upon collection of the campervan, along with a credit card for the security bond. If the licence is not written in English, then an International Driving Permit (IDP) will also be required.

Any additional drivers will also need to present their licence at the depot. Those with provisional licences are not accepted.

Read more about picking up a campervan in Australia.


Read the details in the rental agreement

In some cases, there may be restrictions as to where you can take your rental vehicle especially on certain roads in Australia. You will not be allowed to take your campervan too far from your pick up point. Make sure to read the terms and conditions of your rental agreement and don't forget to ask the staff at the depot if you feel unsure or confused.