The Best Way to Explore Singapore City is with a Car Hire
Save time when you rent a car in Singapore with VroomVroomVroom. We make it quick and easy by partnering with leading car rental companies such as Hertz, Avis, Europcar and Budget to help you have a positive car hire experience.
Why book a car with VroomVroomVroom?
- Book a car in less than 2 minutes
- Great rates
- Wide selection of cars
- Trusted since 2001
- Secure booking system
- Expert customer care team
Reasons to visit Singapore City
- Topnotch architectural wonders: Loaded with historic and awe-inspiring buildings all over the city, don't miss out on the Pearl Bank Apartments, Golden Mile Complex, The Interlace, Reflections at Keppel Bay, Hill Street Building, Parkview Square and Assyafaah Mosque. Of course, no trip to Singapore is complete without a visit to the top of the Marina Bay Sands.
- Thriving arts scene: The booming arts culture in Singapore is another reason why you cannot afford to miss it. Watch artistic and creative talents during festivals like Art Week, or join the fun at music festivals such Laneway Festival, Neon Lights and Ultra Music Festival.
- Perfect for shopping: Jam-packed with some of the best venues, the city's shopping scene is unmatched in its range and diversity. Take a stroll around the famous district of Orchard Central, explore the mini Orchard road at Jurong East, or visit the quirky street of Haji Lane. Don't miss the annual Great Singapore Sale, which happens every June.
- Amazing cuisine: Set out on a gastronomically gratifying food journey in Singapore as one can never go hungry with plenty of food to choose from. Hainanese Chicken Rice, Chilli Crab, Char Kuay Teo, Fish Head Curry, Satay, Nasi Lemal, Char Siew Rice/Noodles, and Laksa are just some of the best dishes worth travelling for.
- Melting pot of cultures: Immerse yourself in the diverse and distinctive cultural influences of Singapore. With English being one of the national languages, visitors from across the globe will find it easy to get around the city.
- Award-winning Airport: Described as a destination in itself because of its amazing entertainment, shopping, and dining options - it's not a surprise why Changi Airport still holds the No. 1 spot for the best international airport for the sixth time in a row.
Scenic places to drive from Singapore City
- Tanjong Beach, Sentosa: Just half an hour drive from the heart of the city is where you will find the finest sun-soaked stretch of sand in Sentosa. You'll see why this location is one of the Best Beach Clubs in the World.
- Little Guilin: Make your way to Bukit Batok Town Park also known as Little Guilin or Xiao Guilin to witness a majestic granite rock sitting in a lake. After you finish admiring the view, go for a leisurely walk along the winding trails in the park.
- Kranji Countryside: Located around the Kranji Reservoir is a more rural place if you are looking to get a taste of the farm life and want to buy farm-fresh local produce.
- Mount Faber: Situated in the town of Bukit Merah in the Central Region of Singapore, a half-day visit to Mount Faber makes for an awesome escape from the busy city.
- Other stunning spots that are easily accessible by rental car include the marina at Keppel Bay, Punggol Waterway Park, Hort Park, Henderson Waves, Southern Ridges – Alexandra Arch, Telok Blangah Hill Park, Sembawang Park, The Chinese and Japanese Gardens at Jurong, Little Guilin at Bukit Gombak, Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and Hindhede Nature Park.
When is the best time to go to Singapore?
- The warm and humid climate in Singapore makes it a great place to visit all year round.
- If you enjoy the dry weather, the best time to visit is during the summer months of June, July and August.
- Expect some rainfall if you plan your trip between November, December and January.
- Planning your trip during public holidays such as the Lunar New Year or Chinese New Year may be fun but expect prices on hotels and accommodation to be at their highest.
- Usually held every September, catch the spectacular Singapore Grand Prix for heart-racing action, exhilarating activities off track and non-stop entertainment.