Explore Tasmania with a Cheap Car Hire in Launceston Airport
Launceston Airport is the second busiest airport in Tasmania. It is found on the outskirts of the city of Launceston, with the city centre around 15 kilometres away. It can only be accessed via private vehicles, rental cars, and taxi services. There isn't any public transportation that operates between the airport and Launceston, and that's why we strongly advise travelers to rent a car once you arrive at the airport.
It will be cheaper than hiring a taxi because you can still use your rental car to get around Launceston. You can now visit the wonderful attractions in Launceston at your own pace. You may also check out our location pages for options on your next holiday in Australia with your friends and family.
Why rent a car with VroomVroomVroom?
Here are some of the reasons why customers choose to book their rental cars through VroomVroomVroom.
- Choose from the list of rental cars that are available through Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot and Thrifty.
- If you need to cancel your hire car booking in Launceston Airport , we will not charge you. And unlike other car rental comparison sites, you don't need to pay a fee to book with us.
- VroomVroomVroom offers you more choice when you book a vehicle with us. If you think that your road trip may be well-suited to a motorhome, we also compare campervan hire rates as well as current rates for rental cars available in Tasmania.
- By booking early through us, you can save a lot of money. . In addition, we guarantee the cheapest rental car rates, so make sure to so read our Price Promise.
- Our friendly and committed customer care team can help you find a car rental that suits your budget. Simply contact us if you need help with your booking. You may also leave us a message on Facebook and Twitter.
Driving tips in Launceston
Travel time from Launceston Airport (LST) to the city centre is approximately 15 minutes via rental car. First time driver should note that cars in Australia are right-hand-drive and people drive on the left side of the road.
Foreign drivers who are travelling in Launceston can drive a rental car provided he/she has an existing driving licence for a maximum of three months after arriving in Australia. It is also recommended to have an International Driving Permit (IDP), which serves as an additional information of identification while travelling. Check out our Australia Travel Tips for additional driving tips should you want to explore Launceston or other places in Tasmania.
When is the best time to go to Launceston?
Launceston is one of the popular holiday spots for families and tourists alike. The best time to visit Launceston is from December to March as its warm season (summer) is mild and also concurs with the Christmas school holidays. If you and your whole family want to avoid peak season, the ideal time is during autumn (from March to May), where the weather is way more cooler.