Book a Cheap Car Hire in Charters Towers - Quick and Easy
Planning to visit and explore Charters Towers in a cheap car rental? Compare rates of available hire cars supplied by our partners like Avis, Thrifty, Budget, Hertz and Europcar. Choose the best hire car that will complement all your holiday needs and book it right away to avail lowest rates.
Charters Towers is a beautiful city located in the north of Queensland, Australia. The city is located about 130 km car drive from Townsville. There is a population of just over 8,300 based on the 2011 census. Because of the rich and impressive deposits of gold that where found in this city, Charters Towers has developed amazingly in the 20th century. At a certain point in its history, Charters Towers was the second largest city in the state, with more than 27,000 residents.
Why rent a car in Charters Towers with VroomVroomVroom?
- Having a reliable car hire in Charters Towers will give you comfort and convenience. It will enable you to spend your vacation at your own pace. You don't have to wait for the schedule of any public transport and you may drive away anytime, anywhere.
- Our booking system is so easy to use that all you have to do is enter your vacation details into the search menu and a comparison list o available rental cars along with their rates will be generated for your convenience.
- Check out our Price Promise page if you want more information on how to find the cheapest rates.
- Cancellation is never a problem with us for we don't have any hidden charges nor cancellation fees. You will only pay when you pick up your hire car from our depot.
- We have available customer service experts all the time to cater your enquiries. Simply contact us and we will walk you through the process.
Top Attractions within Charters Towers
Charters Towers was founded as a town in the 1870s. Charters Towers is a great tourist attraction to visit in a hire car today, as the city is perfectly showing the real Australian outback lifestyle. Visitors who come to Charters Towers that plan walking tours in the city will surely understand why and will remain forever charmed by the beauty of this city. Charters Towers is the best location for outdoor activities and camping experiences.
The city's location is mildly elevated at about 300 meters above sea-level. Even though only slightly elevated, the effect in its humidity (decreases) and temperature (increases) variations are very noticeable. And it acquires its supply of water from the nearby Burdekin River.
The Stock Exchange Building is one of the oldest and most impressive buildings in this city to visit. The Stock Exchange Building has been one of the major attractions in Charters Towers starting in the 1890s.
The Venus Gold Battery is the place in which gold was processed between 1872 and 1972. Nowadays, the location is considered to be defying for the specific of Charters Towers, being kept almost intact and unchanged over the years.
Charters Towers Courthouse is another building in this Australian city that should be included in all tourist visits. The building is so impressive, as it has pretty much remained the same since its construction ended in 1886. The courthouse building remains representative for the architectural style of the 1880s. Visit the Charters Towers Courthouse in a hire car which currently is included in the Queensland Heritage Register. The City Hall building, as well as the Post Office, are also worth being visited.
The Charters Towers Museum, also known under the name of Zara Clack Museum, exhibits numerous representative collections for the city's history.