Drive a Reliable Car Hire in Alexandria and Have Fun
A suburb of Sydney, approximately 4 km rental car drive south of the central business district, Alexandria will amaze you for sure. Alexandria has a long, rich history. Its name comes from Princess Alexandra who was the wife of King Edward the 7th. Hop in your rental car and visit Alexandria which was once the largest industrial city.
Today, Alexandria is an industrial suburb, but it also has residential areas, so is a very interesting place to visit in a rental car and is so close to the city centre. You can collect a rental car from here instead of having to travel into the heart of the CBD.
Why book a car rental in Alexandria with VroomVroomVroom?
- Having a cheap car hire in Alexandria, you will also find handmade crafts that will be a nice souvenir for your dear ones. Alexandria is a city which is transforming, trying to look as good as possible and to attract more and more tourists. Make sure to have a rental car in Alexandria which is a nice and peaceful city that will relax you. Here, you will not be bored as new things will emerge from places you expect less.
- Our premier suppliers: Budget, Europcar and Thrifty offer secure and convenient rental car service to make your trip worthwhile. Each rental car is meticulously cleaned and inspected, and all our suppliers offer roadside assistance for mechanical failures.
- Budget and Thrifty vehicle fleets include station wagons, SUVs, fullsize vehicles and economy cars for one to four passengers. Europcar have sports cars and luxury cars as well as people movers available for your well-deserved road trip. Just remember to make a rental car booking ahead of time as they are often sold out. Read our Price Promise to find out more about it.
- We don't charge cancellation fees and we are free from hidden charges. We will only ask for a valid credit card when you collect your rental car from our depot.
- We also have the best customer assistance through our accommodating, reliable and well trained customer service experts who are always available to supply you with accurate information for all your enquiries. You can also reach out to us on Facebook.
Driving tips in Alexandria
Alexandria is an inner city of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. The city is 4 kilometers south of the Sydney central business district. It is a part of the local government area of the City of Sydney and is about 2 kilometers south from the Central Station and is bounded by the Botany Road, GardenersRoad, Mitchell Road and Sydney Park, and Henderson Road —to the east, south, west, and north respectively. Alexandria is also a part of the Green Square district which is undergoing gentrification —involving urban renewal projects such as building modern retail, business, and medium to high density residential developments.
Top Attractions Within Alexandria
Address: Sydney Park Rd, St Peters NSW 2044
Sydney Park is a recreational place to visit in a rental car, located in the suburb area called Saint Peter and is wonderful to visit it, mainly if you have kids.The park has about 109 acres, so is huge. You will be amazed by the huge hills, by the large areas and you will also find recreational places that are great, mainly for your kids. A heritage area and sculptures are other interesting things from Sydney Park. Halt your rental car and you will find many native animals and trees, so you will have a lot of interesting things to see.
The northwest part of the park is on Wainamatta Shale, where brick-making clays were extracted. Before the European settlements, the area had been a forest of ironbark and turpentine trees; while the southeastern part of the park is located on Botany Sands where you'll see swamps, marshes, and heath which is associated with the waterway that is known as the Shea's Creek.
You will also see the Alan Davidson Oval, the AIDS Memorial Grove, and the CARES (Community and Road Education Scheme).
The Alan Davidson Oval, located at the corner of Sydney Park Road and Euston Road, provides facilities for cricket and Australian Rules football. It was opened in 2003 and named after the all-rounder who played 44 cricket tests for Australia and later became the chairman of Cricket Australia.
The AIDS Memorial Grove is located next to the Council's nursery in Barwon Park Road. It is the product of the annual community tree planting days which began in 1994.
CARES is located on Sydney Park Road and was opened in 2004. It provides a safe place for children to learn about road safety.
Alexandria has a number of popular pubs — one is the Parkview Hotel.
Parkview Hotel is located on Mitchell Road. It was built in 1898 as a perfect example of an English Tavern. Parkview has undergone many renovations and it has become increasingly popular throughout Alexandria.
The beautifully redeveloped Parkview Hotel has new Urban Bar and Brasserie, as well as a venue that caters to all the guests' needs.
Parkview Hotel is a perfect place for business lunch, romantic dinners, or family gatherings. The place has a warm ambiance that will surely make you fall in love with its fantastic setting.
Drive your rental car to Alexandria Town Hall which is a nice building with an old architecture. The building was conceived in 1928, so it has a long history and many events happened here. It is an interesting place to visit in a rental carand you will have the possibility to take pictures and have unforgettable memories.
Erskineville Oval is a rugby ground place in the suburb called Erskineville in New South Wales. It hosted many important games and has been improved, so today it looks spectacular and has a capacity about 1-2000 people. Move your rental car and see it yourself.